Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Top 10 PHP MVC frameworks

A good framework is easy to learn, simple to use, intuitive to work with, easy to extend or to modify, rapid to build (maintain) applications with and of course stable.

Having said that, here is my top 10 PHP MVC Frameworks:

10- Ambivalence: A Java-Maverick Port
9- WACT: Web Application Component Toolkit
8- Achievo: A good RAD framework
7- Phrame: A Java-Struts port
6- Studs: A Java-Struts port to PHP
5- Prado: The winner of Zend coding contest
4- PHPOnTrax: a Rails port - PHP5 Only
3- CakePHP: Inspired by Rails PHP4/5
2- Mojavi: The first MVC framework I fell in love with

and the winner is:

1- Symfony: Based on Mojavi and inspired by Rails

This list is based on my personal tests and use. I have tested and played with many others, but I think these are the best frameworks out there.
- The first framework I fell in love with was Mojavi because of its elegant way to implement the MVC model.
- Symfony corrected some problems in Mojavi and improved it by taking the good sides of RubyOnRails and Propel.
- CakePHP is very promising, the only problem - really, I don't know if it is a problem - is: the development process is very slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment